About Jon Beebe
This site is my digital résumé & portfolio; you can learn what I do for a living, what I’m about, what keeps me ticking.
The following is my best attempt at summarizing it all.
Or an answer to “why do I wake up in the morning?”
- To experience the abundant life God intended for us, living as an example to the world, then go home to heaven.
- To exceed my wife’s expectations every moment of our lives.
- To make a living designing, writing, and growing open-source software.
Or an answer to “how am I going to make my vision a reality?”
- Practice the Presence of God, cultivating a daily, personal relationship with Him.
- Maintain my priorities: God is 1st, my marriage is 2nd, everything else is 3rd.
- Contribute to active, useful open-source projects.
- Continually improve the skills God gave me, including my knowledge and use of software design and programming languages.
My Favorite Quote
The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night.
— Henry Wadsworth Longfellow